Monday, March 14, 2011

Machi's day !!


So we ”celebrated” women’s day a couple of days back. What is the deal with a separate day for women?? Don’t get me wrong here .. I am not a chauvinist or anti-feminist or anything of that sort. But I don’t get it .. I mean .. The only women who actually celebrate this day is the women who are independent and have-it-all (i.e. money, rowdy power and more money). These are the women who play villis in movies e.g Ramya Krishnan in Padayappa, shreya in thimiru and of course, our very own swarna akka.

On top of all this, these women want the men i.e people like u (if u r a guy) and me to celebrate this women’s day that makes no sense to me whatsoever. From a guy’s perspective (i.e my perspective), we think about women all the time. We dress well, go to gym(I don’t, I personally believe that exercising is a waste of time), buy new stuff .. why ?? to impress the ladies. We are already thinking about women all the time. We are singing duets with every girl that we see, picking up handkerchiefs in bus stops, lifts etc. We might have hundreds of other important work to be done. Yet we are there being dignified servants to these women.

So basically what I am trying to say is every day is women’s day for us so this special day makes no difference.

On the contrary, I think it should be other way around .. there needs to be a day for us guys so that women can think about us for a change. At least on this (macho or machi) day, I can hope that the girls I hope that we restrain from doing the above mentioned activities and concentrate on our work for a change. But then again, who is complaining (apart from me, of course?)


P.S - I picked that image off google .. so if am doing any copyright infringement, i ll be more than glad to remove the image ...

No comments:

Post a Comment